Emotionally Focused Therapy
EFT approaches include elements of experiential therapy (such as person centered therapy and Gestalt therapy), systemic therapy and attachment theory) EFT is usually a short-term treatment (8–20 sessions). EFT approaches are based on the premise that human emotions are connected to human needs and therefore emotions have an innately adaptive potential that, if activated and worked through, can help people change problematic emotional states and interpersonal relationships.
The Gottman Method is a type of therapy which helps couples to improve their relationship. It is based on scientific facts derived from the analysis of the behaviors of thousands of different couples over a long period of time. It aims to increase intimacy, understanding, and respect, and to remove harmful barriers which prevent productive communication and development.
Sex therapy interventions related to sexual issues across the life span. Application of theory, research, and clinical interventions, to explore the relationship between issues in sexual development and sexual functioning. With knowledge of basic anatomy, gender socialization, basic models of sexual arousal and response, as well as basic and intermediate assessing skills, theoretical models, information, and materials for sex therapy with a broad range of clients including:
• Development and Assessment of Sexual Problems and Difficulties
• Interventions and Treatments within Individual and/or Relational Contexts
• Sexuality Diversity and Variations
• Identifying Sexuality Difficulties/Problems/Disturbances/Dysfunctions
• Relational Dynamics
• Pornography and Sexually Explicit Material
• Problematizing Sexualized Behaviors (compulsions, addictions)
• Illnesses and Disabilities
• Trauma and Abuse
• Sexual Enhancement
• Life Course Perspectives
• Sexuality within Sociopolitical Cultural Contexts